[Wikidata] Help us teaching ORES how to better detect vandalism
Léa Lacroix
2018-07-18 12:28:02 UTC
Hello all,

As you may know, ORES is a tool analyzing edits to detect vandalism,
providing a score per edit. You can see the result on Recent Changes, you
can also let us know when you find something wrong
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:ORES/Report_mistakes/2018>.

But do you know that you can also directly help ORES to improve? We just
launched a new labeling campaign
<https://labels.wmflabs.org/ui/wikidatawiki/>: after authorizing your
account with OAuth, you will see some real edits, and you will be asked if
you find them damaging or not, good faith or bad faith. Completing a set
will take you around 10 minutes.

​

The last time we run this campaign was in 2015. Since then, the way of
editing Wikidata changed, some vandalism patterns as well (for example,
there are more vandalism on companies). So, if you're familiar with the
Wikidata rules and you would be willing to give a bit of time to help
fighting against vandalism, please participate
<https://labels.wmflabs.org/ui/wikidatawiki/> :)

If you encounter any problem or have question about the tool, feel free to
contact Ladsgroup <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Ladsgroup>.

Cheers,
--
Léa Lacroix
Project Manager Community Communication for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnÃŒtzig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt fÃŒr
Léa Lacroix
2018-10-18 08:03:46 UTC
Hello all,
Just a reminder, we still need your help to complete this campaign! A few
minutes of your time can really help ORES to be smarter in detecting
vandalism. Thanks a lot :)

Cheers, Léa
Post by Léa Lacroix
[...]
unter der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnÃŒtzig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
fÌr Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

Ettore RIZZA
2018-10-18 10:37:23 UTC
Hello Léa,

This is an extremely useful tool. Just a detail to improve its usability:
could you remove the confirmation popup when skipping a modification? Many
edits are made in languages that everyone doesn't speak, we would like to
move faster to the next.

Cheers,

Ettore Rizza